[kde-doc-english] User guide.

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Tue Oct 26 20:00:55 CEST 2004

Le mardi 26 Octobre 2004 18:09, Tom Albers a écrit :

> That difference is not relevant to the user. That would mean you would not
> have to describe anything for copy and paste as well.

As a matter fact, I am not sure that the copy and paste with the central mouse
button (X-Window method) is described somewhere.

Furthermore, when KDE on Qt/Mac will work, you won't have any X-Window metthod
available, since X11 will not be available. Of course this problem is easily
solved : you can be precise and say "If KDE works under X-Window, then..."

> I do not agree. ;-)
>
> I think it is not a good idea to put a solution to a problem near the
> solution...

Right.

> if the user ever finds that he will not read it, because he
> found the solution anyway. I would suggest to put it in the spot where he
> is most likely to search. Or is my brain really weird?

No, you are perfectly right.

In the userguide then ? A "keyboard and mouse operation" section ?

On the other hand, one expects to find the solution ... near the solution too.
It has to be in both places IMHO (or to have a cross-pointer).

--
He has cheated to become president. He has invaded another country to seize
its richness. His army has tortured. He has detained people without judgement

His name is George W. Bush.