[kde-doc-english] Fwd: Re: trolling for helpers

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Oct 23 10:26:34 CEST 2004

had this contrib'd today for kicker... Lauri: what's the preferred procedure
for handling this?

Subject: Re: trolling for helpers
Date: Friday 22 October 2004 09:56
From: illogic-al <obennett at hartford.edu>
To: "Contributors support and coordination, to make KDE rock!"
<kde-quality at kde.org>

On Thursday 21 October 2004 03:10 pm, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> hey all....
>
> as you may or may not know i was possessed by some unnamed evil spirit that
> coerced me into taking on the maintenance of kicker.
>
> kicker is a pretty big, and even daunting, stretch of code. but there are a
> lot of things that could/should be done that do not require a rocket
> scientist at the helm.
>
> if anyone is interesed in working on kicker in any of the following areas,
> please let me know. i'm more than happy to play guide / mentor / patch
> tester / question answerer / naughty nurse for you. well, maybe not naughty
> nurse.
>
> 	0. Bug triage. There are 136 open bugs and 289 open wishes. Many of these
> simply have not been triaged.
>
> 	1. Bug fixing. Many of the bugs I've come across while doing triage in the
> last week have been relatively trivial to fix. Usually the biggest blocker
> to fixing kicker bugs is knowing where in the codebase to start looking. I
> can usually point out the location of the code in question quite quickly.
>
> 	2. Documentation writing. Both developer and user targeted documentation
> needs doing.

I've attempted an update of kicker's docs. Sorry if there are five copies of
this. mail server was being rather anal and the drafts no longer seem to
exist in kmail :-/ patch against kicker's index.docbook attached.

> 	3. Q/A. there are a bajillion possible setting combinations in kicker.
> Q/A, which is somehow related to Bug Triage, would be great.
>
> 	4. Feature additions. well, this one is sef explanatory.

Aaron J. Seigo