[kde-doc-english] An FAQ question/answer

Tarek Lubani tarek at tarek.2y.net
Wed Nov 17 21:33:02 CET 2004

Hey!

After having it bother me for a very long time, I finally sat down and got
this nut cracked:

"Q: I recently switched my main browser to Mozilla/firefox, however, whenever
I click on a URL link from programs such as KMail, I could see Konqueror
apparently hit the site and then load up a file from '/var/cache/', which was
broken most of the time. How can I get KDE to pass the URL to mozilla (or my
browser of choice) instead?

A: By default, KDE will call the external URL loader to the file, an action
that can be explicitly called with the variable "%F". If you want KDE to
instead try to call an external URL, use the variable "%U". For example:

"mozilla %U" instead of "mozilla %F"

"
tarek : )