[kde-doc-english] Re: KDE Users Guide - What can I do?

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Tue May 25 11:15:44 CEST 2004

Hi Christian,

> I read the article on dot.kde.org about the KDE Users Guide being
> rewritten. I'd like to help and e.g. translate the document to german.

That's great! Let me explain the translation process that we use: Documents
are written initially in English, and when they're finished, are translated
into other languages. This saves translators from translating something, and
then finding that it has changed a lot. So, the new User Guide probably won't
start to be translated until later in the summer. If you would like to help
with translating other parts of KDE before then, you can email
kde-i18n-doc at kde.org , where you can find members of the German translation
team.

On the other hand, if you'd like to help with writing the English original
document, there's lots to do! You can look at the current plan for the user
guide at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri1802/kde/userguide-tng/ . If there's a
section that you are familiar with, or that you would like to write, send us
an email here at kde-doc-english at kde.org so that we can make sure that no-one
duplicates work. If there is something which is not in the plan that you
think would be useful to add, feel free to suggest it here.

You might also want to read my original message that the dot story was based
on at https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-quality/2004-May/000608.html .

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, and welcome aboard!

Regards,
Philip Rodrigues