[kde-doc-english] taking screenshots

Rinse de Vries rinse at kde.nl
Tue May 25 09:41:15 CEST 2004

Op maandag 24 mei 2004 17:57, schreef Marc Heyvaert:
> Now I've taken a screenshot using KSnapshot and from
> the info in ImageMagik and The Gimp I think it has
> been converted automatically to 8-bit depth (?) and I
> must be running my X-server in 72 dpi inadvertantly,
> because the screenshot is in that resolution too, and
> I haven't done anything special.

I looked at your screenshot, and it is not 8 bit but 32 bit color.
You can convert it to 8 bit using Gimp
Just open the image in Gimp, hit the keycombi [Alt][I], and in the next
dialog, hit the [Ok] button.
You will notice a difference in the caption of the image window: befor it says
(RGB), and after is says (Geindexeerd).

Kind regards, Rinse