[kde-doc-english] taking screenshots

Bernd Pol bernd.pol at online.de
Tue May 25 01:46:45 CEST 2004

Hi Marc,

Am Montag, 24. Mai 2004 17:57 schrieb Marc Heyvaert:
> But there is a problem. When I hit default in the
> "Style" window I get MS Windows 9x as widget style,
> and we sure don't want that :). Perhaps this is some
> idea of a joke from the SuSE people? I don't know...

I doubt it is. I run SuSE since 8.1, now 9.1, and always had Keramik to
my disposal. There may be two causes:

1) There went soething wrong in your basic installation. Keramik is in
kdebase.rpm so you probably need to repair that package.

2) You inadverdently installed Thin Keramik and it has overwritten some
of Keramik's setup files. IIRC something like that happened to me when
I tried Thin Keramik back in SuSE 8.2, but I am not sure about this.

> Now I've taken a screenshot using KSnapshot and from
> the info in ImageMagik and The Gimp I think it has
> been converted automatically to 8-bit depth (?) and I
> must be running my X-server in 72 dpi inadvertantly,
> because the screenshot is in that resolution too, and
> I haven't done anything special.

The screenshot looks slightly too big to me, even on my 90 dpi TFT
monitor. So effectively you might not have used 72 dpi resolution when
you took it.

Have a nice day,
Bernd
--
Never trust a running program, but always worship its makers.