[kde-doc-english] KOffice/KSpread documentation

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 12:54:40 CET 2004

Hi Raphael,

--- Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at>
wrote:

> That's good (IMHO), and what do you think about a
> part for installation and
> (system related) configuration of KSpread, would
> that be Part 0 or part of
> part I? Do we need/want sth like that in a KSpread
> (user) manual? IMO it
> would be good to have at least, but maybe separate
> from the rest - or maybe
> in the tutorial section (Part III)?

Configuration of KSpread would be in the manual.
Installation issues should be in the KOffice Manual.
Some bits that are common to the entire suit should be
in the KOffice manual, but to avoid that people fail
to read this, could be repeated in the application
manual. Actually, I would like to see 5
options/references in the Help Menu regarding the
manuals
1. KOffice Handbook;
2. KSpread Handbook;
3. Command Reference;
4. Function Reference;
5. Common Tasks (or some better name). and Perhaps we
should even add a
6. Tutorial

The advantage would be that you could open these
separately

> I would also suggest to place the whole manual on
> the KOffice homepage as well
> for separate download.

Well, the following link works well.

http://docs.kde.org/index_head.html

Perhaps it is possible to just put the link up on
koffice.org or to tweak things so that we have
something similar limited to the KOffice
documentation?

Do we ask Nicolas Goutte if it is possible? Or is
someone else in charge of the koffice webpages?

Thanks for the feedback,

Marc