[kde-doc-english] Re: [kde-quality] KDE PIM docs

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Thu Feb 26 00:00:43 CET 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 22.59, Tom Chance wrote:

> I brought this up once elsewhere, but would it not be possible to write a
> script using DCOP to do screenshots automatically? You write one script for
> each application describing scenarios, and then in the future when aspects
> of KDE change that don't affect these scenarios it's simple to make new
> screenshots.

Can you make a prototype so we can see it in action?   Nobody would object to
such an idea, but someone needs to do the initial work.

I also suspect that many applications don't offer the level of control via
dcop that would be necessary to reproduce the screenshots in a manner
consistent with the existing text describing them.  Please, feel free to
prove me wrong on that, it's certainly one job I would love to not have to
ever do again, not to mention it would be a huge help for the translators.

Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/