[kde-doc-english] Re: [kde-quality] KDE PIM docs

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Wed Feb 25 22:59:38 CET 2004

On Wednesday 25 Feb 2004 20:23, Lauri Watts wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2004 19.23, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> > Also, the screenshots in almost all modules need update. It seems like a
> > very good job for a begginner: fast and gratifying.
>
> Screenshot guidelines are here:
> http://i18n.kde.org/doc/screenshots.php
>
> Note, we're a little flexible on the file size, it's not always possible to
> keep them looking nice at that size (clipping window decorations off helps)

I brought this up once elsewhere, but would it not be possible to write a
script using DCOP to do screenshots automatically? You write one script for
each application describing scenarios, and then in the future when aspects of
KDE change that don't affect these scenarios it's simple to make new
screenshots.

It would at least cut down on the monotony of the work.

Tom