[kde-doc-english] KDE remote desktop

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 29 20:45:42 CET 2004

Hi Tarel,
Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, you've reached the mailing list for
KDE documentation writers and proofreaders. You might like to send your query
to the KDE general mailing list, at kde at mail.kde.org . You can find more
information about that list at:

Also, can I ask how you found this list? If it's listed somewhere as being a
user-support list, we should fix it. Thanks.

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with remote desktop tools, so I'm not sure
how to tackle your problem. However, if you choose to ask on the KDE general
mailing list, you might want to add a little information to help others help
you:
It's useful to include a little information about your system: usually, the
name and version of your distribution, and the version of KDE that you're
running are enough. (You can get the KDE version by going to Help->About KDE
in any KDE app).
Make sure to describe fully and clearly what you did (the exact address you
typed in the location bar, for example) and the exact error that you get. I'd
suggest a step-by-step description, just to make everything crystal clear,
but choose whatever you think is most obvious.

Oh, just noticed some online docs that might help:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdenetwork/krdc/
and/or:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdenetwork/krfb/

Regards,