[kde-doc-english]DTD incompatibility

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Mar 21 17:59:30 CET 2003

Hello,

I am attempting the workaround suggested by Lauri to get my documentation
compiling under all KDE 3.x versions.  My test system has KDE_3_1_BRANCH
installed.  After modifying the DOCTYPE line in index.docbook to specify
version 4.1.2 of the DTD (rather than 4.2), it does start compiling the docs
(hooray!), but I get validity errors that don't occur under 4.2 on my HEAD
system:

  validity error: Element link is not declared in action list of
  possible children

The relevant lines in the docs:
  <listitem>
  <para>
  <action>Select a new <link linkend="geolocation">geographic
  location</link></action>
  </para>
  </listitem>

Any idea why this works under 4.2 but not 4.1.2?  Is it a recent change to the
DTD to allow <link> inside <action> or is that just plain wrong, but 4.2 is
less picky than 4.1.2?

thanks,
Jason
--