[kde-doc-english]getting started writing documentation for KDE?

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Thu Mar 20 23:35:48 CET 2003

On Thursday 20 March 2003 20.53, The Whalens wrote:
> Lauri,
>
> I wrote you yesterday, requesting your suggestions and
> tips on how I might go about getting started writing
> documentation for KDE.  I am pretty new to GNU/Linux,
> and run KDE3.1 Over the past year or so, I have
> gravitated toward using KDE over Gnome when having the
> opportunity.  My goal for sometime in the near future
> is to also write or maintain Qt applications, games,
> etc.   What KDE projects need the most work with
> documentation at the moment?

Hi Tom,

I was slowly creeping through my inbox, and was getting to you :)

I've sent you separately off list some 'getting started' information, and a
rough list of what's not got any documentation right now, and hopefully you
won't have too many questions and we can discuss which apps interest you to
write about.

Since you're interested in the games, there are a couple that have quite
limited documentation, atlantik (I have a partial doc for that written
myself, it's very brief for now) is a pretty good candidate, and has a
friendly developer who will be more than happy to help you with any questions
(this is a resource not to be underestimated, some developers are more or
less communicative than others!)

If atlantik isn't your cup of tea, then I'm sure we can find something else
that is :)

Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/