[kde-doc-english]K3b Docs

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Thu Mar 20 10:29:49 CET 2003

On Monday 17 March 2003 21.19, David Damerell wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am looking into whether it would be possible for me to start writing
> the documentation for K3b it appears that none is being written at the
> moment and if this is still the case i would be very happy to start writing
> this documentation.
>     I am currently studying Molecular Genetics In Biotechnology at Sussex
> University in the UK, i would like to have something other than genetics to
> do and this would give me something to get my teeth into i am also on
> holiday for 5 1/2 weeks and this would give me something to do.

Hi David,

You would be more than welcome to write the k3b documentation, and welcome to
the team!

The usual 'you have to compile from CVS' instructions don't quite apply here,
k3b (even from CVS) should be quite compilable on KDE 3.1.x.  It appears it
is undergoing quite some rewriting just now, so you will probably want to
keep fairly close contact with it's developer to save you work writing twice
about things that move/go away/break in the near future.  Have you already
contacted the k3b authors, or would you like me to on your behalf?

You may find it useful to look at the documentation pages at
http://i18n.kde.org/docs/ and investigate the resources available
there.

However, it's more important to start on the content than the markup, and if
you want to get on with the writing, plain text is fine (or if you'd like to
learn DocBook XML, this is the place to do so!)

The usual procedure initially is to write a chapter or two, mail it to me or
post a URL to the list, and then we work together on the markup (that is if
you're doing the markup), then I will commit your work when we're both happy
with it.    Hopefully this will get you started, if you have any more
questions, we would be pleased to answer them.

Best regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/