[kde-doc-english] helping out with KDE documentation

Andy Cheung andy at andycheung.com
Thu Dec 18 23:51:27 CET 2003

Hello!
I would like to volunteer my help to the KDE project.  I'm an avid user of
KDE but I have very little technical know-how. I can't program and I
haven't a clue how to compile the latest version of KDE for testing. I can,
however, write documentation and my present job entails doing a lot of that
for an IT services company.  I spend copious amounts of hours writing
technical documentation so I'm used to the particular style and content of
such literature.

Just so you know, I'm a Mandrake user and generally upgrade whenever a new
version is released.  With the recent development of MandrakeMove, I expect
I have the chance to keep much more up to date with KDE and its associated
apps without having to keep rebuilding my PC.  Anyway, on the basis of the
following text on the KDE web site, I would like to offer my time and
energies.  Can you let me know where help is needed?

Andy Cheung

------------------------------
If you have no possibility to keep up to date with KDE Development, all is
not lost.
There is an active proofreading team, and if you have a good grasp of
grammar and
spelling, you could help there.

We also have requests from third party developers of KDE based
applications, who would welcome the help. Generally you can run these
applications on a stable version of KDE, and only need to compile the
application in question. Contact us at the kde-doc-english at kde.org to find
out more.