[kde-doc-english]&kmenu; and &kicon;

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Mon Sep 30 17:46:05 CEST 2002

| > > I have not used the entities in constructs like
| > > as the entity &kmenu; defines "menu" as being outside of the tags, in
| > > order to avoid generating DTD conformance errors.
| >
| > Those are just going to be plain problematic.  I may see if they can't
| > mostly be rewritten as something like "Click the &kicon; and choose
| > <menuchoice><guimenuitem>..." or "Choose
| > <menuchoice><guimenuitem>somefoo</guimenuitem></menuchoice>" or something
| > like that.
|
| Well. There's no real problem with such constructs... excepted that they don't
| use the new entities.

Yep.  If there are any problems though, the setup can be
changed.

it necessary to use "K menu", since it should be obvious the
context is a menu?  If so, it might be better to leave out "menu"
from the entity altogether (requiring more update work, and more
effort from the doc authors, who have to make sure "menu" is used
every time where suitable).

[...]

| > I dropped one in there (the 16x16 "new default" crystal one) into the
| > common directory and pointed the entity at it, but I haven't yet tested
| > this.

Thanks - that should do it I think (if the location is wrong,
fixing it should not require a great deal of work ...).

| > Eric, thanks for doing this, it must have been rather tedious!
|
| No problem. There were not so many occurences, but there was a wide variety of
| combinations. I might even have missed a few ones. If this is not a proof of
| the utility of the entities, I wonder what can be one ;-).

Yes, it's a good one to remember.

Frederik