[kde-doc-english]&kmenu; and &kicon;

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Sat Sep 28 12:57:38 CEST 2002

On Saturday 28 September 2002 12:28, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > I have not used the entities in constructs like
> > as the entity &kmenu; defines "menu" as being outside of the tags, in
> > order to avoid generating DTD conformance errors.
>
> Those are just going to be plain problematic.  I may see if they can't
> mostly be rewritten as something like "Click the &kicon; and choose
> <menuchoice><guimenuitem>..." or "Choose
> <menuchoice><guimenuitem>somefoo</guimenuitem></menuchoice>" or something
> like that.

Well. There's no real problem with such constructs... excepted that they don't
use the new entities.

> > I have not changed the occurences in kicker that do not refer to the K
> > menu.
>
> Will look at these with Dirk over the weekend.

Yup, the whole khelpcenter needs a bit of dusting off, I think.

> I dropped one in there (the 16x16 "new default" crystal one) into the
> common directory and pointed the entity at it, but I haven't yet tested
> this.
>
> Eric, thanks for doing this, it must have been rather tedious!

No problem. There were not so many occurences, but there was a wide variety of
combinations. I might even have missed a few ones. If this is not a proof of
the utility of the entities, I wonder what can be one ;-).

--
Éric Bischoff
KDE : ad expugnandum tabulam scriptoriam suam