[kde-doc-english]Still the Application laucher / K Menu

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Thu Sep 26 19:16:32 CEST 2002

| > &kicon; and &kmenu; then?
|
| You're absolutely right. We need two entities.
|
| But shouldn't we define them as :
| 	&kicon; = <guiicon>K icon</guiicon>
| 	&kmenu; = <guimenu>K menu</guimenu>
| with "menu" and "icon" inside the tags ? Frederik ?

The icon should get the icon itself as content.  The menu should
get the menu text.
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/guimenu.html has an example
with "menu" outside of the guimenu element.  It is of course
possible to add it to the entity (for English, and a few more
languages), e.g.  <!ENTITY kmenu "<guimenu>K</guimenu> menu">.
If the word "menu" appears as a menu label, it should of course
go inside the element.  (If there's no icon available, I would
proceed in the same way as for the menu.)

That's my opinion anyway.

Cheers,

Frederik