[kde-doc-english]Still the Application laucher / K Menu

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Fri Sep 27 07:08:42 CEST 2002

On Thursday 26 September 2002 19:16, Frederik Fouvry wrote:
> | But shouldn't we define them as :
> | 	&kicon; = <guiicon>K icon</guiicon>
> | 	&kmenu; = <guimenu>K menu</guimenu>
> | with "menu" and "icon" inside the tags ? Frederik ?
>
> The icon should get the icon itself as content.  The menu should
> get the menu text.
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/guimenu.html has an example
> with "menu" outside of the guimenu element.  It is of course
> possible to add it to the entity (for English, and a few more
> languages), e.g.  <!ENTITY kmenu "<guimenu>K</guimenu> menu">.
> If the word "menu" appears as a menu label, it should of course
> go inside the element.  (If there's no icon available, I would
> proceed in the same way as for the menu.)
>
> That's my opinion anyway.

I think that it really makes sense.

But how do we add the icon drawing to &kicon;? Are you able to do that?

If I understand well, &kicon; should not be translatable, and &kmenu; should
be translatable. That means that one is for user.entities, and the other one
for another file, right ?

--
Éric Bischoff
KDE : ad expugnandum tabulam scriptoriam suam