[kde-doc-english]Still the Application laucher / K Menu

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Thu Sep 26 13:24:41 CEST 2002

On Thursday 26 September 2002 12:20, Lauri Watts wrote:

> > Sometimes the K menu or the application launcher is a <guimenuitem>,
>
> Click the <guiicon>K</guiicon> icon on your panel to launch the
> <guimenu>K</guimenu> menu?
>
> &kicon; and &kmenu; then?

You're absolutely right. We need two entities.

But shouldn't we define them as :
	&kicon; = <guiicon>K icon</guiicon>
	&kmenu; = <guimenu>K menu</guimenu>
with "menu" and "icon" inside the tags ? Frederik ?

To make the situation even more complex, in the existing doc, you can find
both versions, with "menu" and "icon" both in and out the tags. No chance to
fix everything just with magic scripts :-(.

I also agree that in kicker we should keep speaking about "application
launchers" when they do not refer to the K menu or icon.

--
Éric Bischoff
KDE : ad expugnandum tabulam scriptoriam suam