[kde-doc-english]kdeaddons documentation for kde-i18n-en_GB

Divakar R divakar_r at vsnl.net
Sun Nov 24 20:17:47 CET 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 14:40, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> Le Sunday 17 November 2002 02:01, Divakar R a écrit:
> > I would appreciate some advice with reference to the following I don't
> > fully understand the documentation process that is going on even after
> > being on this list for several months now and having looked through
> > the i18n.kde.org site.
>
> Divakar,
>
> I can only answer very few of your questions. I hope someone else will
> be able to answer the others (Malcolm, Dirk, ...).

Thanks for your answers. I have been able to make some progress in
understanding this now.

> VERY IMPORTANT:
> Do not translate the docbook files please. Use the templates in
> 	kde-i18n/templates/docs/kdeaddons
> and the partially converted po files in
> 	kde-i18n/en_GB/messages/docs/kdeaddons
> and translate them with kbabel. Then convert the translated po files to
> docbook format using update_xml.

I have used CVS to get the templates and KBabel to translate the
kdeaddons POT files to en_GB po files as per the list below:

kate-plugins_insertcommand.po
kate-plugins.po
kate-plugins_xmlcheck.po
kate-plugins_xmltools.po
kicker-applets_kolourpicker.po
kicker-applets_ktimemon.po
kicker-applets.po
konq-plugins_babel.po
konq-plugins.po

What do I do with these? I do not have the update_xml command / script on
my system. It is also not listed in the tools section of i18n.kde.org.

Further, after conversion to docbook, how / where do I submit the
resulting po and docbook files?

Sincerely,
Divakar.