[kde-doc-english]Linux newbie would like to help out with documentation and starting a LUG

Charles de Miramon cmiramon at kde-france.org
Mon Nov 18 12:23:40 CET 2002

> I found the kppp help section by merely navigating to KDE help center |
> Application Manuals | Internet | Internet dialer . The modem settings are
> another matter. Internet | Dialup configuration| Internet Connections. To
> find this help requires quite a selection process because there are so many
> menu choices everywhere I turn. I realize that it will get easier as I
> learn Linux, but it is daunting. I would like to learn more about how to
> help out. Getting Linux help often requires getting online, my problem is I
> can’t get online, arghhhhh. When I do figure this all out I would like to
> spare other Linux Newbies the same grief.

Hello Brad,
You are posting to the wrong list. This mailing list is dedicated to people
writing and translating documentation for KDE and not for helping users.
There is another list called kde-linux at mail.kde.org for helping users but
maybe your problem is more specific to Red Hat and you should post on a Red
Hat mailing list.

But before you post there, you should give better information relating to your
problem or nobody will be able to help you.
- what version of KDE you are using (your Red Hat version is quite old)
- what kind of modem do you have (a winmodem, an internal modem, an external
modem on the serial port).
- what ISP you are using

When and how to you get the pppd error ? does your modem dial you ISP number
and make the connection or not...

Linux is not always easy when you start, especially if you have a Windows
background. I suffered a lot when I started using it but I've learned a lot
and I'm happy for the trip.

Cheers,
Charles
cmiramon at kde-france.org