[kde-doc-english]Kate menus

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Mon Jun 10 10:40:52 CEST 2002

[...]

|  I also get some errors with revising the tools and menus section. I had to
| move some of the entries in kate/menus.docbook from the "edit" section to the
| "tools" section. When i did that I changed
|
| -<anchor id="edit-indent"/>
| +<anchor id="tools-indent"/>
|
| having done that I get errors like this:

I think a long time ago (perhaps too long ;-), it was "decided"
that anchors would _never_ change, once assigned.  The reason:
they can be used for external references (elsewhere in the
document, from other documents, and from applications).  If you
want to change these, you should have to search all KDE code for
occurrences of these IDs.  To avoid that: never change them
(unless there are very good reasons/occasions), so try not to put
in too much context information, that way they don't loose their
meaning when they are moved.

| kword at linux:~/kde-copy/kdebase/doc/kate> meinproc index.docbook
| Error: no ID for constraint linkend: edit-comment.
| Error: no ID for constraint linkend: tools-menu-find-in-files.
| Error: no ID for constraint linkend: edit-indent.

Yep: anchors are usually put in to refer to.  When you change
one, the references won't be there anymore.  It's still easy to
check within  a document, elsewhere it's rather time-consuming.

| kword at linux:~/kde-copy/kdebase/doc/kate> checkXML index.docbook
| index.docbook:283: validity error: IDREF attribute linkend reference an
| unknown ID "edit-indent"
|
| ^
| index.docbook:283: validity error: IDREF attribute linkend reference an
| unknown ID "edit-comment"
|
| ^
| index.docbook:283: validity error: IDREF attribute linkend reference an
| unknown ID "tools-menu-find-in-files"

These will all go when you fix either the ID or the IDREF.

|  Any idea as to what i am overlooking? In amy event, I hope to get kdebase
| compiled again and have this done by the end of this week.

Frederik