[kde-doc-english]Re: Tool to check the menu items and the GUI labels

Eric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Mon Feb 11 14:53:37 CET 2002

Le Lundi 11 Février 2002 14:33, Jacob Sparre Andersen a écrit :
> Sort of. I speak about a tool to generate a textual overview
> of the menu items an application _actually_ has.

Then we were speaking about different things. What I would like is a tool
that checks that what is marked up in the documentation really exists in the
menues and buttons. It's not a tool that would guess *all* of the menus and
buttons that exist in an application.

The tool I would like to see could not help you determine whether you
described in the documentation all the interface elements or forgot some, but
at least you would know if your descriptions are misspelled our outdated. And
if it's not mistaken and if you're a translator, you would know the
translation used in the GUI too.

A tool somehow similar to the one you describe already exists and is
implemented at Qt level: it's the accelerator checker (Ctrl-Alt-A). Of
course, it lists the available accelerators at a given point of time, not
independantly of the context.