[kde-doc-english]Re: KOffice : Problem with translations of KWord's doc (6 languages)

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Sun Aug 18 16:32:56 CEST 2002

On Sunday 18 August 2002 11:29, Mike McBride wrote:
> On Sunday August 18 2002 10:31 am, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> >
> > But to be honest, there's a second technical solution that would avoid
> > postponing the release : revert the last changes to the English doc that
> > broke the doc freeze.
>
> I would like to point out that according to the release schedule at:
>
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.2-release-plan.html
>
> that the last date for documentation changes was set for August 13, 2002 a
> full 6 days later than the last commit to the KWord documentation.
>
> There was no break in the release schedule!

Sorry for the mistake about the doc freeze date.

But still, the template should have been regenerated *after* your last
modifications (I don't know by whom).

Yes, I agree that it's too short term (although it would have changed nothing
for me as I was on vacation ;-) ).

> > I'm not very much in favour of that second solution, because it is likely
> > to bring other trouble (what if people did manually a xml2pot and a
> > msgmerge for example? Who will take care of reintroducing the recent
> > changes after the release? etc)
>
> Besides that, there will be signifigantly more questions asked regarding
> the status of import/export filters.

Yes, you're absolutely right.

--
Éric Bischoff