[kde-doc-english]Re: KOffice : Problem with translations of KWord's doc (6 languages)

Mike McBride mpmcbride7 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 11:29:22 CEST 2002

On Sunday August 18 2002 10:31 am, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> On Sunday 18 August 2002 12:04, Piotr Szymanski wrote:
> > Éric Bischoff (Sunday 18 August 2002 11:56):
> > > I'm back from vacation so I don't exactly know the exact schedule, but
> > > I seemed to understand that there's a release of KOffice planned for
> > > tomorrow Monday, is that right ?
> >
> > Eh, you do realise that there is only some hours left before tagging? I
> > vote to postpone koffice by 2 days, which should be enougfh to cope with
> > every change that happened unexpectdly and _against_ the shedule.
>
> Yeah, I'm sorry for the bad and late news, and I would vote for postponing
> the release too.
>
> But to be honest, there's a second technical solution that would avoid
> postponing the release : revert the last changes to the English doc that
> broke the doc freeze.

I would like to point out that according to the release schedule at:

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.2-release-plan.html

that the last date for documentation changes was set for August 13, 2002 a
full 6 days later than the last commit to the KWord documentation.

There was no break in the release schedule!

I am all in favor for extending the release date to allow better translation
for our users.  It really does not matter why a problem occurred, if two days
is going to dramatically improve the status of documentation translation we
should extend it two days.  Please do not go around blaming the documentation
writer -- I followed the schedule!

> I'm not very much in favour of that second solution, because it is likely
> to bring other trouble (what if people did manually a xml2pot and a
> msgmerge for example? Who will take care of reintroducing the recent
> changes after the release? etc)

Besides that, there will be signifigantly more questions asked regarding the
status of import/export filters.

--
Mike McBride
mpmcbride7 at yahoo.com