Flathub and Snap Store entries for KGeoTag

Tobias Leupold tl at stonemx.de
Tue Jan 2 21:50:07 GMT 2024

Hi all!

As far as I can grasp it, https://apps.kde.org/de/kgeotag/ is automatically
generated from KGeoTag's appdata.xml file. However, the site lists both
Flathub and the Snapcraft as a possible installation source for KGeoTag, with
"KDE" referenced as the publisher on both sites. I never used neither, so I
don't know much about this besides those two are approaches to provide
distribution independent packages, without relying on the respective package
manager.

But what this is about:

On Flathub, one can read "No changelog provided" and "Proprietary: This app is
not developed in the open, so only its developers know how it works. It may be
insecure in ways that are hard to detect, and it may change without
oversight."

Obviously, neither is true ...

On Snapcraft, there's a similar "License: unset".

How can this be fixed? Is there something I can do about this? By adding
something to the invent repo? Or somewhere else?

Thanks for all help!

Cheers, Tobias