Help with installing KArchive

Aaron Rainbolt arraybolt3 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 23:38:05 GMT 2024

On 2/18/24 13:30, Eric Ribble wrote:
> I am a new user of Qt (using version 6.6) and Qt Creator  I would like
> to use KArchive to extract all folders and files from a zip file.  I
> found the example "karchive/examples/unzipper/main.cpp" source code.
> However, I don't know how to download and install KArchive.

What distro are you using?

In order to install a library in such a way that you can use it in new
programs, you have to install both it and its development header files.
There are generally two ways to do this:

* The easy way - install the development header package for your library
of choice through your distro's package manager.
* The hard, dangerous way that you probably don't want yet - build the
library from source and then either install it directly or figure out
how to point your build system to it.

Obviously I'd recommend the former if you're just getting started. On
Ubuntu, the package you want is called "libkf5archive-dev", and can be
installed with "sudo apt install libkf5archive-dev". This will probably
work on Debian too. If you're on some other distro, you'll need to find
and install the right package.

--
Aaron Rainbolt
Lubuntu Developer