Reviving lightdm-kde-greeter upstream

Anton Golubev golubevan at altlinux.org
Tue Nov 28 06:45:11 GMT 2023

It would hardly be convenient for me to maintain several similar
repositories in parallel, so if it is located in the KDE infrastructure,
I will commit there for sure.

But could you please specify more precisely where the requirement to
"kill" forks is described? It seems that I looked through the entire
tree of links that drop down to the one you specified, and did not find
any prohibitions. And the GPL* license does not seem to prohibit the
existence of forks.

This is important because in particular [1] is a special repository with
instructions for building packages into an ALT repository, "Sisyphus"
(located in the .gear folder), and it must continue to exist in some
form. If the project develops inside KDE, will I be able to merge the
changes back to [1]?