Reviving lightdm-kde-greeter upstream

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Nov 24 23:14:34 GMT 2023

El dimecres, 22 de novembre de 2023, a les 9:48:21 (CET), Anton Golubev va
escriure:
> Hello!
>
> I am involved in the development of the ALT Linux distribution. Some
> time ago we started developing the lightdm-kde-greeter fork and I am
> currently maintaining it[1]. I also push it on gitlab[2]. In addition to
> porting to Qt5, some features have been added, such as choosing a
> keyboard layout and connecting to the network. This greeter is currently
> used by default in our KDE-based builds.
>
> I was given the idea to revive this project in the upstream[3].
> Personally, I like the idea, and might look into it if someone else
> finds it useful, and I will be given appropriate access.

Since you don't seem to be a KDE devel just yet this would probably have to go
through the https://community.kde.org/Incubator program.

Have you read https://manifesto.kde.org/ specially the parts that say you'd
have to "kill" your forks in [1] and [2] ?

Cheers,
  Albert