Would Scandoc be somthing for Extragear?

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Nov 10 16:38:21 GMT 2022

On Donnerstag, 10. November 2022 12:25:26 CET Klaas Freitag wrote:
> Am 10.11.22 um 10:09 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> > I am
> > thinking about adding a webcam interface so that KMyMoney can use it to
> > read the QR code and use the data to fill out the form for online payments
> > that KMyMoney already has. Or even use the PDF file as input an pull out
> > the QR code. That would improve productivity I think.
>
> Well, if it was only Kraft, we would probably be better off using in the
> PDF embedded Metadata to detect that. Having that as an OCR based
> feature would add that more generic of course.

Right, we likely need to support all of those methods for handling arbitrary
input documents anyway.

I'd be very interested in EPC QR sample documents to check whether ZXing and
our PDF extractor can handle those correctly :) (EPC QR is slightly special
due to it being text-based while defining the used text codec inside the text
itself, that could potentially confuse content/codec auto-detection).

Regards,
Volker