Would Scandoc be somthing for Extragear?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 10 16:45:04 GMT 2022

On Donnerstag, 10. November 2022 17:38:21 CET Volker Krause wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 10. November 2022 12:25:26 CET Klaas Freitag wrote:
> > Am 10.11.22 um 10:09 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> > > I am
> > > thinking about adding a webcam interface so that KMyMoney can use it to
> > > read the QR code and use the data to fill out the form for online payments
> > > that KMyMoney already has. Or even use the PDF file as input an pull out
> > > the QR code. That would improve productivity I think.
> >
> > Well, if it was only Kraft, we would probably be better off using in the
> > PDF embedded Metadata to detect that. Having that as an OCR based
> > feature would add that more generic of course.
>
> Right, we likely need to support all of those methods for handling arbitrary
> input documents anyway.
>
> I'd be very interested in EPC QR sample documents to check whether ZXing and
> our PDF extractor can handle those correctly :) (EPC QR is slightly special
> due to it being text-based while defining the used text codec inside the text
> itself, that could potentially confuse content/codec auto-detection).

I tried ZXing a while back to read in EPC-QRs I had at the time. Results looked
very promising (of course no special chars included, so codec did not really
matter). I see if I can get a hold on some and send them of to you via PM.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

If a cluttered desk is characteristic of a cluttered mind,
what does an empty desk mean 1 2 a b k X