Would Scandoc be somthing for Extragear?

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Thu Nov 10 11:25:26 GMT 2022

Am 10.11.22 um 10:09 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:

Hi Thomas,

> I don't know, if you have thought of this when writing invoices. Include
> an EPC QR (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPC-QR-Code) on the invoice.

The next version of Kraft that I am about to release has EPC QR Code
capabilities already [1]. That was a feature wish from users. I should
have docu and a blog post about that...

> I am
> thinking about adding a webcam interface so that KMyMoney can use it to
> read the QR code and use the data to fill out the form for online payments
> that KMyMoney already has. Or even use the PDF file as input an pull out
> the QR code. That would improve productivity I think.

Well, if it was only Kraft, we would probably be better off using in the
PDF embedded Metadata to detect that. Having that as an OCR based
feature would add that more generic of course.

> I know, a bit off topic here.
Is it? Where else would we discuss that?

regards,
Klaas

[1]
https://github.com/dragotin/kraft/commit/4adecbf263844dd27141b6b1cf5c15a89af15102