Would Scandoc be somthing for Extragear?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 10 11:18:07 GMT 2022

On Donnerstag, 10. November 2022 10:51:32 CET Tobias Leupold wrote:

> Am 10.11.22 um 10:09 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:

> >> Yes, well, that is what people in the office need. "Classical" office
> >> suites are just the beginning. Things that we Linux guys considered
> >> black magic for long time (such as printing, scanning, ocr, doc analysis
> >> etc) are now super easy and available on mobile platforms. And that is
> >> what we compete with on the office desktop.
> >
> > I don't know, if you have thought of this when writing invoices. Include
> > an EPC QR (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPC-QR-Code) on the invoice. I am
> > thinking about adding a webcam interface so that KMyMoney can use it to
> > read the QR code and use the data to fill out the form for online payments
> > that KMyMoney already has. Or even use the PDF file as input an pull out
> > the QR code. That would improve productivity I think. I know, a bit off
> > topic here.
>
> Would be a cool feature for sure -- but I don't think I could add this
> to Scandoc in a meaningful way, can I?

Oh, sorry for the confusion: my statement was not meant in this direction.
Scandoc would probably be in a position to provide the PDF where this information
can then be extracted from.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

The good thing about FOSS is that people can see your code and comment it.
The bad thing is that people can see your code and comment it. (asoliverez)