Debugging CI test failures

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Wed Jun 15 21:07:43 BST 2022

On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 17:51:52 +0200
Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net> wrote:
[...]
> I suppose, I could try seting up some dummy test binaries, linking
> against the various libraries, hoping to narrow down the problem that
> way?

Ok, that finally led to something. I have no idea, why this is
happening, or how to fix it, but I have isolated QWebEngine as the
troublemaker.

relevant portion of CMakeLists.txt:

add_executable(linktest linktest.cpp)
target_link_libraries(linktest PRIVATE Qt5::Test Qt5::WebEngineWidgets)
add_test(NAME rkward-linktest COMMAND linktest)
ecm_mark_as_test(linktest)

relevant code:
https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/blob/work/diagnose_testfailure/rkward/autotests/linktest.cpp

result:
https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/jobs/359945

(2/2 Test #2: rkward-linktest ..................Exit code 0xc0000135)

Note that "new QWebEngineView();" does not even have to be called. It's
enough that the line of code is present, directly or indirectly. In
contrast - for instance - creating a KTextEditor::Document/View does
not cause any trouble.

(In case you are wondering: That branch is a toy branch with only the
Windows CI enabled, and intended to be deleted. Feel free to use it for
further testing, should that help.)

Regards
Thomas