Debugging CI test failures
thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Wed Jun 15 16:51:52 BST 2022
On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 23:16:04 +1200
Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 7:56 AM Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
> thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:48:59 +1200
> > Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> > > On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 6:13 PM Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
> > > thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net> wrote:
> > [...]
> > > > https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/jobs/354885
> > > >
> > > > Test project C:/builds/education/rkward/_build
> > > > Start 1: rkward-core_test
> > > > 1/1 Test #1: rkward-core_test .................Exit code
> > > > 0xc0000135 ***Exception: 0.23 sec
> > > > 0% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 1
> > > >
> > > > 0xc0000135 appears to be STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND, but which one
> > > > (and why)?
> > >
> > > Rather strange, the CI system does it's best to setup PATH such
> > > that Windows should be able to find all the necessary DLLs.
> > >
> > > Are you able to confirm what libraries the rkward-core test links
> > > against?
> Thanks for all of these details.
> Is there a way for us to find out whether it successfully completes
> initial startup and then fails when completing the later loading?
> It seems that 0xc0000135 errors tend to be related .Net - which is
> included in that extract you attached.
Sorry for my lousy turn around time.
Not sure, if I can provide a definite answer, but I have added a
qDebug()-statement as the very first thing in initTestCase(). I learned
that on the other CIs, when a test fails, the debug output is shown. In
this case, nothing gets shown at all, and that seems to point to a very
early problem, indeed - assuming nothing unrelated keeps debug messages
from showing, here.
Another thing I have tried is to avoid calling into QWebEngine while
setting up the testcase, as that's certainly my first guess on what
might be causing trouble. This did not change, anything, however.
I suppose, I could try seting up some dummy test binaries, linking
against the various libraries, hoping to narrow down the problem that
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the kde-devel