Debugging CI test failures

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jun 14 12:16:04 BST 2022

On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 7:56 AM Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:48:59 +1200
> Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 6:13 PM Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
> > thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > > https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/jobs/354885
> > >
> > > Test project C:/builds/education/rkward/_build
> > >     Start 1: rkward-core_test
> > > 1/1 Test #1: rkward-core_test .................Exit code 0xc0000135
> > > ***Exception:   0.23 sec
> > > 0% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 1
> > >
> > > 0xc0000135 appears to be STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND, but which one (and
> > > why)?
> >
> > Rather strange, the CI system does it's best to setup PATH such that
> > Windows should be able to find all the necessary DLLs.
> >
> > Are you able to confirm what libraries the rkward-core test links
> > against?
>
> As core_test.exe is not included in the CI artifact, only indirectly.
>
> In theory it should be the same as those used for rkward.exe +
> Qt5Test.dll. (The theory holds true in my craft environemnt, although,
> notably that is a  MinGW-build, so the list itself is different, there).
>
> rkward.exe taken from the CI artifact links against:
>
> Qt5WebEngineWidgets.dll
> Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
> KF5KIOFileWidgets.dll
> KF5TextEditor.dll
> Qt5Qml.dll
> KF5Parts.dll
> KF5XmlGui.dll
> Qt5PrintSupport.dll
> KF5KIOWidgets.dll
> KF5ConfigWidgets.dll
> KF5KIOCore.dll
> KF5Crash.dll
> KF5WindowSystem.dll
> Qt5Network.dll
> KF5JobWidgets.dll
> Qt5DBus.dll
> KF5Service.dll
> KF5I18n.dll
> KF5CoreAddons.dll
> KF5Completion.dll
> KF5WidgetsAddons.dll
> Qt5Widgets.dll
> Qt5Xml.dll
> KF5ConfigCore.dll
> Qt5Gui.dll
> KF5Archive.dll
> Qt5Core.dll
> VCRUNTIME140_1.dll
>
> (This list has the same dlls as the known good rkward.exe built on
> binary-factory, only the order is different.)
>
> At runtime a fairly large number of additional dlls are loaded, as
> listed by tasklist /m (attached).
>
> I case you are wondering: No R dlls are involved, because those are
> used in a separate process, only.

Thanks for all of these details.

Is there a way for us to find out whether it successfully completes initial
startup and then fails when completing the later loading?
It seems that 0xc0000135 errors tend to be related .Net - which is included
in that extract you attached.

> Can you make anything out of that?
>
> Thomas

Cheers,