Trigger loading a list of files from Dolphin using "open with"

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Fri Jul 15 22:44:27 BST 2022

On Friday, July 15, 2022 11:35:11 PM CEST Tobias Leupold wrote:
> What happens when I select multiple files in Dolphin and do "open with" is
> that not a list of the selected files is passed to the called program, but
> one instance of the program is opened for each file.
>
> This does not only happen for what I try to implement in KGeoTag, but also
> e.g. for the Gimp (instead of opening a tab for each file, one Gimp instance
> is opened for each file).

I did not notice this behavior yet.
I frequently select a couple of source files in Dolphin, and do Enter to open
all of them in Kate.
It always opens only one Kate instance.

But if I select only one, do Enter, then select another one, do Enter, before
any Kate instance has launched, I get multiple Kates.
So I think either your Dolphin works different than mine, or you have another
mistake.

BTW here it works the same whether I do Enter or right-click -> Open with...