Trigger loading a list of files from Dolphin using "open with"

Tobias Leupold tl at stonemx.de
Fri Jul 15 22:35:11 BST 2022

Hi list!

I'm working on Bug #455074, and I noticed some behavior of Dolphin I wonder if
it can be changed or worked around.

What happens when I select multiple files in Dolphin and do "open with" is
that not a list of the selected files is passed to the called program, but one
instance of the program is opened for each file.

This does not only happen for what I try to implement in KGeoTag, but also
e.g. for the Gimp (instead of opening a tab for each file, one Gimp instance
is opened for each file).

So: Can this behavior be changed? Is it possible to send a list of files to a
program called via "open with"? And can I tell Dolphin to do so via the
.desktop file or such?

In case of KGeoTag, what I implemented to open files and/or directories using
command line parameters works fine if it's called via the command line (also
with wildcards), but not via Dolphin ...

Thanks for all help!

Cheers, Tobias