Requesting my project named "media-downloader" to become part of KDE

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Feb 11 14:00:08 GMT 2021

Hi, thanks for your interest in joining KDE with your project.  We have a
process called Incubator to help being in projects created outside KDE.
https://community.kde.org/Incubator  It's just a checklist to make sure the
project uses technologies we are familiar with and communication tools we
use such as Matrix and bugzilla.

Looking at your project it would benefit from using ki18n and there's some
obvious QA issues such as what running it when youtube-dl is not installed
(the app just freezes for me).

There's no legal issues I'm aware of for youtube-dl and certainly none for
an app which happens to run as an external command.  Background info at
https://github.blog/2020-11-16-standing-up-for-developers-youtube-dl-is-back/
https://lwn.net/Articles/836830/

Do give me a ping on Matrix (jriddell) if you want to get the process
started.

Jonathan