Requesting my project named "media-downloader" to become part of KDE

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Feb 9 06:59:13 GMT 2021

Hi there,

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 at 09:03, .. ink .. <mhogomchungu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings from Tanzania,
>
> I have a project named "media-downloader"[1] and i would like to have
> it as part of KDE. The project is a simple GUI front end to youtube-dl
> and it can be used to download any media from any website that is
> supported by youtube-dl.
>
> Thank you.
>
> [1] https://github.com/mhogomchungu/media-downloader

There is just a little problem: such an application is probably illegal to
use in most countries. European countries do not punish streaming on free
platforms, but video downloads are not allowed in most of them.

With that in mind, I have some reservations to have this under the KDE hood.

Regards, Myriam

--
Pronouns: she/her
Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community: