Requesting my project named "media-downloader" to become part of KDE

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:41:32 GMT 2021

To answer a few raised concerns, i strategically did not have a word
"youtube" or "youtube-dl" in the project's name and the project
currently reads the backend executable name from a config option[1]
because i do not want to tie the project to youtube or youtube-dl.
Youtube-dl is the first supported and currently the only supported
backend and i plan to add support for more backends like wget or curl.

Yes, i am aware the UI hangs in the released version if youtube-dl(as
a current default backend) is not present or can not be executed. For
a private version of youtube-dl, the git version now runs[2]
youtube-dl to get its version on startup and the point of this is to
make sure a backend is installed and runs so this problem is known and
is being worked on.

Will do that jriddell, thank.

[1] https://github.com/mhogomchungu/media-downloader/blob/cafdb9c859f323d1f5ec69eae9a26a5626d3fa60/src/settings.cpp#L96

[2] https://github.com/mhogomchungu/media-downloader/blob/main/src/basicdownloader.cpp#L63