Files on Collaborate

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Sat Aug 28 09:35:35 BST 2021

On Saturday, 28 August 2021 06:28:24 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This morning Sysadmin was informed by a member of the community that a
> substantial number of files had been removed from the shared "Community
> Notes" folder.

Hi,

I apologise. I'm pretty sure that was me.

I use the Nextcloud desktop client most of the time and made the double
mistake of moving (instead of copying) several files and folders (when I only
wanted to copy one) using Dolphin. I must've distractedly selected a folder
containing my _collaborate_ shared folder and then scrolled down so it was off
screen, and then selected the file I really wanted to copy while holding down
Ctrl . I have no idea what I was thinking.

I thought I had caught it in time when I realised something was not right and
before any major damage was done. I killed the process and stopped the synch
and even erased the account from the client so it wouldn't try and resume
synching when I restarted the client. But clearly I was not fast enough.

Either way, I am deeply embarrassed and very sorry for the trouble I have
caused and will be extra cautious from now on.

Paul Brown
--
Promotion & Communication

www: http://kde.org