Files on Collaborate

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Aug 28 05:28:24 BST 2021

Hi all,

This morning Sysadmin was informed by a member of the community that a
substantial number of files had been removed from the shared "Community
Notes" folder.

As our installation is configured with a Recycle Bin, no data was lost in
this incident to our knowledge. To reverse the impact of this we have
restored all files deleted from shared common folders in the past 2 weeks
from the Recycle Bin.

Following investigation we have determined that this was caused by a MIrall
based sync client.
While we are not yet sure if this was an accidental removal on the part of
the user or a bug in the software, should this event recur we may take
action to block Mirall based clients.

Should anyone notice that any other data is missing please let us know
immediately.

Many thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin