Incubating linux-stopmotion

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Thu Apr 8 20:40:28 BST 2021

Le mercredi, avril 7, 2021 9:45 PM, Christoph Grüninger <pr at grueninger.de> a écrit :

> Dear KDE team,

Hi :)

> I would like to apply for linux-stopmotion to become a KDE project.
>
> == Project description ==
> Linux Stopmotion is a Free Open Source application to create stop-motion
> animations. It helps you capture and edit the frames of your animation
> and export them as a single file.
> Direct capture from webcams, MiniDV cameras, and DSLR cameras. It offers
> onion-skinning, import images from disk, and time lapse photography. LSM
> supports multiple scenes, frame editing, basic sound track, animation
> playback at different frame rates, and GIMP integration for image.
> Movies can be exported to a file and to Cinelerra frame lists.
> Technically, it is a C++ / Qt application with optional dependencies to
> camera capture libraries.
> LSM is part of DebianEdu; LSM packages are available for at least Debian
> and openSuse.
> Website: linuxstopmotion.org
> Git / Mailing list: sourceforge.net/projects/linuxstopmotion/
>
> == List of people committing to the project ==
> Tim Band
> Christoph Grüninger
>
> == Plan to be in compliance with the KDE manifesto ==
> We already comply wih the KDE manifesto - except for the infrastructure.
> We plan to
>
> -   move over to KDE's Git repository

This sounds like a very nice project. I'm willing to mentor you. The next
step would be to move your repository to invent and get you and Cristoph
write access to the KDE repos. Can you and Christoph in identity.kde.org
create a developer application and add me as the sponsor (also mention that
this is part of the incubation process)?

I will create the sysadmin request to create the repo.

> -   switch to a mailing list within KDE's infrastructure
> -   use KDE bug tracker
> -   see what else makes sense for the project like Phabricator
>     Maybe we have to change the name of the application.

You don't need to have a K in your application name to be a KDE application :)

Cheers,
Carl