Incubating linux-stopmotion

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger pr at grueninger.de
Wed Apr 7 20:45:24 BST 2021

Dear KDE team,

I would like to apply for linux-stopmotion to become a KDE project.

== Project description ==
Linux Stopmotion is a Free Open Source application to create stop-motion
animations. It helps you capture and edit the frames of your animation
and export them as a single file.
Direct capture from webcams, MiniDV cameras, and DSLR cameras. It offers
onion-skinning, import images from disk, and time lapse photography. LSM
supports multiple scenes, frame editing, basic sound track, animation
playback at different frame rates, and GIMP integration for image.
Movies can be exported to a file and to Cinelerra frame lists.
Technically, it is a C++ / Qt application with optional dependencies to
camera capture libraries.
LSM is part of DebianEdu; LSM packages are available for at least Debian
and openSuse.
Website: linuxstopmotion.org
Git / Mailing list: sourceforge.net/projects/linuxstopmotion/

== List of people committing to the project ==
Tim Band
Christoph GrĂ¼ninger

== Plan to be in compliance with the KDE manifesto ==
We already comply wih the KDE manifesto - except for the infrastructure.
We plan to
- move over to KDE's Git repository
- switch to a mailing list within KDE's infrastructure
- use KDE bug tracker
- see what else makes sense for the project like Phabricator
Maybe we have to change the name of the application.

Kind regards,
Christoph