How to migrate qt project part to qtwin and who can do what

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Mar 26 10:18:20 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've tried to write down the required things for the migration. In some parts
good ideas are required.

1. Website migration

a. take over recent website code and content of the qt-3 dir. The qt3-win32
part is located in a mysql database displayed by a small self written cms,
(support only single pages, the rest is php code)  for which I cannot give
extended support.

 b. install a public known website cms and import the content from the
qt3-win32 part or

c. use a plain file website

Question: What about the style of the website, should we take it from
kde-cygwin or should it be another style ?

2. Mailing list
  1. setup a qtwin mailing list
  2. setup a qtwin-cvs mailing list for cvs commit messages

3. cvs archiv
   a. copy cvs dir qt-3 cleaned from the unwanted branches to qtwin project
(lock kde-cygwin cvs write access to qt3, download cvs tarball, clean, upload
to public ftp space and ask sourceforge support team to import into qtwin cvs
root).
 b. another good idea ?

Any comments or anyone who cann take some of this stuff ?

Regards