KDE won't start

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Jun 11 16:50:32 CEST 2005

Am Samstag, 11. Juni 2005 16:02 schrieb Fernando Barsoba:
> To Ralf Habacker:
>
> Hi, Thanks for your response. How do I post following the thread?
>
> About the problem.., I've tried
>   1.. start xserver
> $ XWin  -nowinkill -noreset & from
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/faq.php#debug_kde3<http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/faq.php#debug_kde3>,
but this has been the result: Welcome to the XWin X ServerVendor: The
Cygwin/X ProjectRelease: 6.8.2.0-2Contact:
cygwin-xfree at cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin-xfree at cygwin.com>XWin was started with
the following command line:XWin -nowinkill -noreset _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner
of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to rootwinValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1
> iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running
on display 0
> Fatal server error:InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 0.
This means that xwin is already running and should be stopped before
continuing either by right clicking on the X icon in the explorer taskbar and
choose exit  or by finding and killing the process

ps -ea
kill <first number in line where xwin is printedA>

> Exiting.winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress Do you think
the spaces in my home path are causing the problem?Thanks!FBM

It may be good to read xfree user guide on
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/cygwin-x-ug.html at first.

Regards