KDE won't start

Fernando Barsoba fbarsoba at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 11 16:02:32 CEST 2005

To Ralf Habacker:

Hi, Thanks for your response. How do I post following the thread?

About the problem.., I've tried
  1.. start xserver
$ XWin  -nowinkill -noreset & from http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/faq.php#debug_kde3<http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/faq.php#debug_kde3>, but this has been the result: Welcome to the XWin X ServerVendor: The Cygwin/X ProjectRelease: 6.8.2.0-2Contact: cygwin-xfree at cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin-xfree at cygwin.com>XWin was started with the following command line:XWin -nowinkill -noreset _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to rootwinValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running on display 0Fatal server error:InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 0.  Exiting.winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress Do you think the spaces in my home path are causing the problem?Thanks!FBM