Qt/WinFree bugs

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Fri Jun 10 11:06:24 CEST 2005

Angus Leeming wrote:
> Chris January wrote:
>
>> It's great that you've decided to use Qt/Win Free for the Windows port
>> of LyX but I must politely request you comply with the GPL by
>> providing a link to download the Qt/Win Free sources (hosted on your
>> own site) alongside the link to the installer.
>

> How about:
>
> [=LyX=] and [=Qt/WinFree=] are both licenced under the terms of the
> [=GNU General Public Licence=] ([=GPL=]), version 2 or later. The
> sources of each can be downloaded from their respective [=CVS=]
> repositories. Instructions on how to do so can be found:
> * [[http://www.devel.lyx.org/cvs.php3 Here]] for [=LyX=] and
> * [[http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compile-mingw.php Here]]
> for [=Qt/WinFree=]

Unfortunately the files need to be hosted on the same site (or at least
a site controlled by the same organisation) as your installer. However I
think it would be Ok to do something like this:

Link to source for qt-mt.dll
http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Windows/LyX136pre/qt-win-free-3.3-2005-06-10-src.tar.bz2
To save on bandwith we politely request you download Qt/Win Free sources
directly from the Qt/Win Free project:
http://qtwin.sourceforge.net

Chris