Qt/WinFree bugs

Angus Leeming leeming at lyx.org
Fri Jun 10 10:28:02 CEST 2005

Chris January wrote:
> Angus Leeming wrote:
>> Chris January wrote:
>>> It's great that you've decided to use Qt/Win Free for the Windows
>>> port of LyX but I must politely request you comply with the GPL by
>>> providing a link to download the Qt/Win Free sources (hosted on your
>>> own site) alongside the link to the installer.
>>
>> How about:
>>
>> [=LyX=] and [=Qt/WinFree=] are both licenced under the terms of the
>> [=GNU General Public Licence=] ([=GPL=]), version 2 or later. The
>> sources of each can be downloaded from their respective [=CVS=]
>> repositories. Instructions on how to do so can be found:
>> * [[http://www.devel.lyx.org/cvs.php3 Here]] for [=LyX=] and
>> * [[http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/compile-mingw.php
>> Here]] for [=Qt/WinFree=]
>
> Unfortunately the files need to be hosted on the same site (or at least
> a site controlled by the same organisation) as your installer. However I
> think it would be Ok to do something like this:
>
> Link to source for qt-mt.dll
> http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Windows/LyX136pre/qt-win-free-3.3-2005-06-10-src.tar.bz2

Dumn question:
Given that I have checked out your cvs repository here, how do I go about
making a .tar file for distribution?

set QTDIR=J:\MinSys\home\Angus\qt3
set MINGW=J:\MinGW
set
PATH=J:\MinSys\home\Angus\qt3\bin;J:\MinGW\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS
set QMAKESPEC=win32-g++
mingw32-make dist

*** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.

> To save on bandwith we politely request you download Qt/Win Free sources
> directly from the Qt/Win Free project:
> http://qtwin.sourceforge.net

Or, alternatively, I host lyx_setup_136.exe on your site ;-P

> Chris

Angus